These postage stamps help publicise cultural, social, and historical events, and generally promote a country’s image. Some are issued jointly with other countries.
They are shown in order of issue date, with the most recent issue first.
They have different formats and values, may be printed in different systems (offset, gravure, or chalcography) and can be used in different ways.
Stamp.- A single stamp per issue is the most common format.
Block sheet.- A printed paper with one or more stamps, with their corresponding postage value, different measurements and printing systems. It is a good way to group stamps on the same subject, and is the option for showing living people around the stamps.
Some examples: “300 AÑOS DE CORREOS EN ESPAÑA (1716-2016).Telégrafo” 21/04/2016 - 1 stamp
Premium Sheet.- Unique philatelic items which enrich the variety, originality and quality of philatelic issues. Since 2014.
- Sheets of 12 to 20 stamps with a unique design and printing.
- Motifs and illustrations covering the whole sheet and relating to the theme of the stamps.
- They may include quotes from literature or descriptions.
Mini-sheet.- Contains several stamps commemorating Spain or Andorra, on a small sheet with issue motifs on the margins.
An example: “TICS. Redes Sociales” 14/05/2015
Booklet.- The stamps are presented in small blocks or sheets, with protective covers which help conserve them and make them easier to sell in vending machines.
An example: “Tradiciones y Costumbres” 16/03/2016
SALE OF STAMP ISSUES.- Correos sells stamps issued in the current year and the previous TWO years. To buy them:
- You can SUBSCRIBE.- This way you can be sure of never missing an issue. You will receive all issues every three months.
- You can place ORDERS.- Via email@example.com or call 902 197 197