Email marketing is part of the concept of “permission marketing”, which is based on obtaining the prior express consent of the user before establishing a relationship. That way, you can be sure that only users who are genuinely interested or have asked to receive your emails do so.
This consent implies that your communications are not bothersome or intrusive because the user is predisposed to learning more about your brand.
The sending frequency of an email marketing campaign varies according to the needs of the company, although the average is 2 to 3 emails per month (28.48%) or just once a month (25.32%). Remember that sending more emails is not the key to standing out from your competitors. On the contrary, you will saturate your clients’ inboxes and they will not want to carry on receiving your information.
The important thing is to have clear objectives and to send quality content, taking into account that there are multiple objectives:
- Generate sales: 47.47%
- Generate leads: 46.83%
- Generate traffic or visits: 42.40%
- Generate lead nurturing: 23.42%
Use different metrics to evaluate the results and how well your email marketing campaigns are working:
- Click-through rate: 47.47% of companies declare that it has remained stable over the last 12 months and 40.51% say it has increased, down one point from the 2017 figure (41.52%).
- Open rate: 45.57% of companies declare that it has increased in the last year (up almost 4% on the figure for 2017), while 44.94% say that it has remained stable.
- Conversion: for 48.73% of the companies, the investment made in email actions amounts to less than 10% of the total marketing budget, an 8-point decrease on the figure for 2017 (56%). However, there has been a significant increase in the number of companies that invest between 20% and 40% of the budget in email marketing.
- ROI: 29.75% of the companies surveyed declare that the total income generated by email marketing is 10% of the investment made. This is why 55.7% of those surveyed will invest the same amount in email marketing in the following months, while 37.97% will increase their investment.
There are two different ways to adapt to the needs of your business:
- Newsletter: this is a regular publication containing a subject of interest for the user; the content is usually news, latest offers, launches or articles about the products and the company. Its main objective is to create long-term value, given that it contains relevant content and special offers for the user.
- Email advertising: this is personalised advertising content sent to a customer whose loyalty has already been secured, enabling you to keep in contact and improve your relationship with them.
- It has a graphic format with little text and can include thank you notes, congratulations for a personal event, promotions, news or the launching of a new product or service. It has a short-term business objective and allows you to reach your customers in a fast, affordable way.
Check out our rates, Correos offers the best ones.
- 5,000 items: €60
- 10,000 items: €90
- 20,000 items: €150
- 30,000 items: €220
The emails must be sent during the 12-month period after the service has been contracted and in up to three waves.