For security reasons, always keep in mind the following precautions:
- Always cover the keyboard with your hand when typing your PIN number at an ATM.
- Never accept the help of strangers when making transactions through an ATM.
Organised criminal gangs use a number of mechanisms to obtain your financial information so they can access your money. In order to avoid this, follow these recommendations:
When using the ATM
- Never use ATMs with strange messages on the screen or with any damage to their structure. Immediately report any anomaly or strange objects to the police and the bank so that they can check the ATM.
- Before inserting your card, verify that the space where it is inserted is in perfect condition without obstructions or unknown elements around it.
- Be sure the person behind you in line is a safe distance away.
- After completing your transaction, make sure that the screen goes back to the home or welcome menu.
PIN number security
- Never share your PIN number.
- Change your PIN number from time to time and use more than one PIN number for the different services provided by the bank.
- Never enter your PIN number in the presence of strangers.
- Do not give your card to third parties, it is for personal and non-transferable use.
- When withdrawing money, discreetly count it, take your receipt, check the balance and put it away or rip it up.
- Frequently check your account balances.
- Always keep your card in a safe place.