1. Data controller
Your data will be processed by the company “Sociedad Estatal Correos y Telégrafos, S.A., S.M.E” (Correos), Spanish Tax ID: A83052407 with registered office at Calle del Conde de Peñalver, nº 19, 28006 Madrid (Spain). Our website provides details of our Data Protection Officer, who you can contact by sending an email to email@example.com
2. Purpose and legitimacy of processing
Your data is processed for the following purposes:
A. Processing enquiries
Users' personal data will be used to process their enquiry and to offer them a personalised reply through any of the means of communication listed in the form or employed by the users themselves; e.g., if the enquiry is made through a social network messenger service, Correos may respond using the same channel.
G. Compliance with legal obligations
In compliance with its obligations, Correos may forward your data to Public Administrations and courts of law, provided that this information is required in accordance with established legal procedures.
H. Statistical information and customer satisfaction surveys
Correos has a legitimate interest in knowing its users' opinions regarding its user services and/or query resolution service.
To achieve the purpose detailed above, Correos may process your data and:
- Carry out customer satisfaction surveys by telephone or online.
- Anonymise data ensuring that information concerning your consumer habits cannot subsequently be linked to you personally, and then carry out statistical and econometric studies (e.g. understanding customers’ use of services and/or identifying tendencies to discontinue use).
3. Type of data processed
For the purposes detailed above, a set of personal data is processed that can be divided into the following sources and categories:
A. Data provided directly by customers:
When making or processing a query.
The user guarantees that the data given to Correos for the provision of the requested services accurately describe the real situation and that they will inform Correos of any modification that affects it. Consequently, the user will be responsible to Correos and third parties for any loss or damage that may result from non-compliance with the obligations assumed in this clause.
Unless otherwise stated, all the data collected in contact forms or requested for their processing will be obligatory.
4. Data storage time
Your personal data will be kept as long as necessary to carry out the contractual relationship. Once that period has expired, the data will be erased in accordance with data protection regulations, which involves blocking them; they will only be available at the request of judges and courts of law, the Public Prosecutor and competent Public Administrations during the limitation period for the actions that could arise. They will subsequently be eliminated. In general, they will be erased after a period of 3 years.
5. Your rights
Our data protection regulations provide you with a series of rights relating to the data processing involved in our services, and they can be summarised as follows:
- Right of access: Knowing what type of data we are processing and the type of processing we are carrying out.
- Right to rectification: Being able to request the modification of your data if they are inaccurate or false.
- Right to data portability: Being able to obtain a copy of the data being processed in an interoperable format.
- Right to restrict processing, in those cases provided for by law.
- Right to erasure: Requesting the deletion of your data when the processing is no longer necessary.
- Right to object: Requesting the cessation of commercial communications under the terms cited above.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You may exercise your rights through any of the following channels, indicating the right being exercised and attaching a copy of your Spanish Identification Document or similar document as well as any other documentation you deem to be necessary:
a) Postal address: Calle del Conde de Peñalver 19, 28006- Madrid (Spain)
B) Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find a set of forms that will help you exercise your rights on the website of the Spanish Data Protection Agency (AEPD). Moreover, we inform you that you have the right to file a claim with the control authority (in Spain, the AEPD) if you feel that your rights have been breached.