- Issue date: 11/06/2013
- Printing Process: Offset
- Paper: Estucado, engomado, fosforescente
- Size of stamp: 40,9 x 28,8 mm (Horizontal)
- Sheet effects: 25
- Postal value of the stamps: 0,52 €
- Print run: 300.000
- Dented: 13 3/4
The Public Treasury Inspection Services was established in the late 19th century and a stamp is issued to commemorate the creation of this corps.
The Inspection of Public Finance Services is ascribed to the Ministry of Finance, which in turn was created in the 18th century by the Bourbon administration in an attempt to solve the serious financial crisis of the Crown during the reign of the House of Austria.
The social and political reforms addressed during the eighteenth century needed a sound financial system, so began a long journey that would last throughout the century.
It is in reform introduced in 1845 in the Ministry of Finance that we find the origins of the Tax Inspection, although it is not until 1881 that Public Treasury Inspection Services was formally created as "a tool to improve provincial economic management with the immediate effect of the creation of the Tax Offices.
At present, the purpose of this corps is to deal with everything related to tax and financial inspection, both for individuals and corporations. This corps of officials is part of the Ministry of Finance and they work in the headquarters or in the local/regional offices.
The stamp reproduces the 1881 ink stamp used to validate public administrative documents issued by the General Inspection of the Treasury.