- Issue date: 15/03/2013
- Printing Process: Offset
- Paper: Estucado, engomado, fosforescente
- Size of stamp: 40,9 x 28,8 mm (horizontales)
- Size of block sheet: 105,6 x 79,2 mm (horizontal)
- Postal value of the stamps: 0,52 €
- Print run: 280.000 hojas bloque
- Dented: 13 3/4
Four vintage cars from different brands and manufacturers make up this souvenir sheet evoking some of the models that marked a milestone in the automobile history and which have become collection pieces.
The history of German Mercedes-Benz began in 1881 when engineers Daimler and Benz invented, independently, the internal combustion car engine. The first car with this type of engine was manufactured in 1886. For years Daimler and Benz were rival companies until they merged in 1926 and founded Daimler-Benz cars and trucks produced by Mercedes-Benz. This company is known for its quality and design besides advanced technologies.
The stamp reproduces a Mercedes-Benz 190 from 1962. Different models were manufactured some of them convertibles.
The Citroën 2CV, popularly known as "Two Horses", was presented at the Paris Motor Show in 1948. It was projected as a countryside car and became the quintessential car for young, carefree people. With its convertible canvas roof and low fuel consumption, it was well received in countries around the world. In Spain it began to be manufactured in 1959 at the factory in Vigo. The last 2CV was produced in Portugal in 1990.
The Volkswagen Beetle, officially called the Volkswagen Type 1 or Volkswagen Sedan, was manufactured by the German company from 1938 to 2003 as a low cost car with very simple mechanics, four seats and a rear engine. It was associated with young people and in the 1960s they were painted with bright colours and designs. Currently there are Volkswagen Beetle fan clubs worldwide.
The SEAT 1500 was unveiled at the Barcelona Exhibition of 1963 when it began to be produced until 1972. Comfortable, spacious and elegant, it was very well accepted and went on to become the preferred model of taxi drivers. It was manufactured by the Spanish company SEAT under license from Italian Fiat.
The last three stamp images were provided by the Motorcycle and Classic Car Museum (MMC), in Hervas (Cáceres).