- Content: Folder: World Heritage. Santiago de Compostela.
- Size: 21 x 29,70 cm (cerrado) - 74 x 29,70 cm (desplegado)
- Print run: 3.000 unidades. A la venta 28-Febrero-2018
- P.V.P.: €30 (including VAT) Sujeto a cambio de tarifa anual vigente.
All roads lead to Santiago
The architectural and urban characteristics of the old town in Santiago de Compostela were more than enough reason for UNESCO to declare the city, which has always been considered one of the most beautiful in the world, a World Heritage Site in 1985.
With the cathedral as its centre, the old town is home to the city’s most important monuments and buildings, such as the Praza do Obradoiro square, the Hostal dos Reis Católicos Parador hotel, the 18th-century Rajoy Palace, which is currently the City Hall, and many other buildings which are fine architectural examples of medieval Gothic and Romanesque, as well asRenaissance and Baroque.
Among other aspects, UNESCO valued the city's eternal commitment to enabling the sharing of human values within the sphere of Western culture; these exchanges in turn have allowed considerable progress in the field of architecture, monumental art and urban planning. They also valued the unquestionable religious and cultural link of the city and cathedral with the increasingly popular pilgrimage of the Way of St James.
This new collectable World Heritage folder, which takes the form of a triptych, measures 21 x 29.70 cm (closed) and its main illustration features part of the western façade of the Santiago Cathedral, along with the die-cut image of the Apostle James (Santiago), adding volume and scale to the monument.
It includes two philatelic elements protected in stamp pouches and also one numismatic element protected in a pocket.
- One Mini sheet with a 32 mm-diameter circular stamp. Special fold-out format. Size of sheet when opened: 104.50 x 150 mm. Featured in Spain’s annual stamp programme.
- One chalcography Artist Proof of the same issue. Size: 104.50 x 150 mm. With a reproduction of the STAMP IN SILVER.
- One commemorative coin of legal tender worth €2, in circulation. Diameter: 25.75 mm. Coined by the Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre-Real Casa de la Moneda (Spanish Royal Mint).
Philatelic and numismatic series first launched in 2010 and dedicated to sites declared as “WORLD HERITAGE in Spain”, following the list of assets declared under this category since 1984:
2016 Segovia Aqueduct
It can be purchased via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 902 197 197
- Post: Correos Filatelia - Apartado F.D. 811 - 28080 Madrid.
- Philately online: Place an order (for registered clients only)