This product may only be used by publishers and distribution companies that have received previous authorisation from Correos Commercial Services. This authorisation is given for each newspaper or magazine title, and Correos verifies that the publications meet the requirements to qualify as postal "Periodicals".
-Zone A: Items posted to a local destination, provincial capitals, places with a General Post Office and towns with over 50,000 inhabitants specified by Correos.
Destinos Poblaciones - Anexo B
-Zone B: Other destinations.
-Zone 1: Europe, including Greenland
-Zone 2: Other countries where this service is available.
- Envelope or box: Length + Height + Width = 90 cm, the largest dimension not exceeding 60 cm.
- Envelope or box: 14 x 9 cm.
Weight: up to 2 Kg.
Basic information on the admission of deliveries:
- Minimum of 50 copies per shipment, including those sent to national and international recipients.
- Small quantities of these deliveries may be sent at any Correos Post Office. For mass deliveries, go to Correos' Mass Reception Unit in your province.
- Only publishers and distribution companies that have received previous authorisation from Correos Commercial Services will be able to use the “Periodicals” postal rate. Authorisations will be given for each newspaper or magazine title, once it has been verified that the publication meets the requirements to qualify as a periodical.
Information on the qualification requirements
For postal purposes, “Periodicals” are newspapers or daily press and general information publications, and publications on specialised, technical, scientific and professional topics or designed for a specific reading public, provided they comply with the requirements established by Correos.
Some of these requirements include:
- Depending on the content of the publication text:
- Having the same title printed on each copy.
- The content of the texts and articles must vary.
- Advertising must not account for more than 2/3 of the total content (including inserts).
- Pages must be numbered.
- Depending on the regularity of the publication:
- Regularity at least every three months
- Minimum annual print run: 1,000 copies
- Conditions required from publishers and distribution companies:
- Be published and printed in Spain or any other country in the European Union.
- The publication must have an ISSN, NIPO or legal deposit number printed on it.
- Depending on the content, the publication may be accompanied by:
- Supplements: These are special, added sections that are considered to form part of the publication if the text and articles have the same theme (for example, weekly supplements)
- Inserts: Page or set of pages that may be separate from or form part of the publication but with a different format. It’s content is usually advertising or promotional and may include product samples. It's content is usually advertising or promotional and may include product samples. The number of inserts per publication is unlimited, as long as it does not exceed 2/3rds of its content when added to the other advertising in it. Inserts will always be the same size or smaller than the publication.
- Sample sachet: Sample for one single use, which must be stuck to the publication or insert. A maximum of 3 samples may be included per publication with insert(s). They must be smaller than the publication or insert, weigh less than 50 g, and be a maximum of 5 mm thick.
Conditions of deliveries:
- The conditions of these deliveries must allow for their content to be verified.
- Sealed items in envelopes should bear the phrase “Para inspección postal abrir aquí” (Open here for postal inspection) on one of the flaps.
- Plastic packaging may be accepted, provided the back has an opaque or white strip where indelible printed or hand-written text can be applied.
- Deliveries less than 800 g: left in the post box or letterbox at the home address of the recipient.
- Deliveries over 800 g: a notice slip is left at the delivery address so that the recipient can pick it up from their corresponding Correos Post Office. At the request of the recipient, these deliveries may be delivered at their home address, provided they pay the corresponding “Entrega a domicilio de envíos” additional service fee.
- National: Delivery in 4 working days, in 90% of cases. For items posted before 16:00 in offices which open in the afternoon, or 14:30 in offices opening only in the morning.
- Europe: 3-8 working days (suggested average period depending on point of origin/destination).
- Other destinations: depending on the country.
If you represent a company and would like us to make a personalised offer, request more information.